The New Year 2015 is fast approaching, we are in fact just hours away! Use today, New Years Eve (NYE) to discover vital tools for a new year better than the last and a year of lasting growth
This NYE load up your essentials and head into 2015 equipped…
1) Pack, and I mean PACK a heavy duffle bag of forgiveness – people will continue to break our hearts and do the unexpected! The way we deal with each disappointment depends heavily on our ability to forgive – so keep forgiveness as close as ever. Make it a duty to not hold grudges – move on as swiftly as the wind!
The way we deal with each disappointment depends heavily on our ability to forgive
2) Fold up your sheets of compassion and store them deep within you – the world is in a constant state that requires helping hands at all time – suffering will not just disappear with the coming of a new year! The evolution of media though awesome in one respect has worked against us in another – desensitising the masses! We see so much pain and suffering everyday (news and adverts) that we somehow close up! Allow fresh compassion to flow again – joining a local charity or outreach may just do the trick
3) Load up on tons of energetic love that will transcend any situation you are forced to deal with – love that will reach those who require it and mend bridges that have previously been burnt. As Pheadra Parks recently stated “Love is a verb not a noun” – therefore action is required.
4) Clear space for the element of surprise – do not allow anything or anyone to truly shock you! Take everything with a certain ease, calmness is health in small doses – remember that
calmness is health in small doses
5) Channel up courage – courage to rock your world with the unthinkable- what you thought you could never achieve add it to your bucket list!
6) Pressure yourself with commitment – make your ideas count – focus on what matters and eliminate procrastination from all you do. Procrastination is a thief – close your doors and lock up really tight when facing procrastination head on.
Procrastination is a thief
7) Double dose on joy – this life is too tight for bouts of unhappiness – see God in all that happens- see Him in all you do- joy is untouchable when it is stored within you in great measures
joy is untouchable when it is stored within you in great measures
8) Train yourself in selectiveness – an attitude of preserving what is necessary to your growth as a person and dismissing with immediate effect sources that intend to tear you down! It is not every word spoken to you that must be sealed and signed by your acceptance – listening does not necessarily require you accepting what you have heard! Remember that
It is not every word spoken to you that must be sealed and signed by your acceptance
9) Let go of expectations – do not lay 100% trust in the hands of anything or anyone – read my previous post here “is trust a curse”. Trust is a matter of who deserves it – simple truth!
10) Increase your need for enrichment- look after the body God has blessed you with – deal with it as you would your best diamond piece – fill it with food for the soul as well as nourishment for the physical – once your soul is enriched everything including your health will fall in perfect harmony
11) Fight for what is right – no more straddling the fence wondering who’s opinion matters. Take your life at the horns – decide what is right for you and your loved ones. Never compromise, never walk on eggshells.
12) Fill your suitcase with desires – find out what excites you, research on a hobby you have admired for a while – find that zumba class you have been avoiding for months, step out in your dancing shoes and learn how to wiggle and shake your body at a Salsa class – tickle that part of you that has remained dormant! If you are a 49 year old housewife and love playing computer games – go and buy yourself a console… Why not?
13) Dress yourself in self love – stand out, accentuate what you love the most about yourself! No more hiding behind the big bad wolf in your life – stand bold! The gift of life was placed firmly at your feet – rip it open and dive in with both hands
14) Enjoy your own company, appreciate time alone to think things through! Company all the time can cause a deafening of your inner most voice! Clear your space, free up social time and deal with harmonising with who you really are
Clear your space, free up social time and deal with harmonising with who you really are
15) Armour yourself in godliness – we are not aware of what the future holds – but with God all things are possible! Faith in the unknown is exactly what our tomorrows are made of – shield yourself with God’s majesty, His comfort and best of all His peace – do not take God for granted – this world is not a huge playground as presumed!
Faith in the unknown is exactly what our tomorrows are made of
16) Flourish in kindness, be gentle to others! Try not to invalidate another’s feelings and be open to the mistakes of your fellow person without judging them. Kindness shows all over ones face – who needs a cosmetic company’s youth cream when you can just be kind hearted and glow!
17) Wrap yourself in resilience – do not change negatively to deal with negativity – why bury the goodness within you to fight the bitterness of another – it is a loosing battle and you will hurt more than ever! Stay true to yourself! Never settle
The above are my personal resolutions for 2015, though not an exhaustive list- I am sure many will relate! Copy and paste this for anyone you feel needs to read this
God bless and have an awesome 2015!!!